Housing Law Advice

If you have received a notice seeking possession such as section 21 or court proceedings documents, you should seek urgent legal advice as you are at risk of losing your home.

Our Housing Team at the law centre provides expert advice if you are at risk of eviction.

If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, we can help you throughout the process dealing with the local authority.

We can also help if your rented home is in poor condition and affecting you or your family’s health.

Who we can assist:

If you’re on a low income, you might be eligible for legal aid which means we may be able to help you with your housing problem at no or limited cost to you. We provide Legal Aid.

How to get in touch with us:

You get in touch by phoning 020 3880 1727, sending us an email to reception@hflaw.org.uk or through the website.

We can help with:

  • Eviction and possession proceedings (from your rented home), including notices served by your landlord
  • Homelessness
  • Succession for tenants when the person you live with has died
  • Unlawful eviction
  • Rented home in such poor condition that it’s affecting your health (disrepair)
  • If your landlord has applied to County Court for an injunction against you, for example because of anti-social behaviour

We can’t help with

  • Housing issues if you’re a landlord
  • Buying and selling property
  • Wills and probate
  • Housing transfers
  • Neighbour disputes
  • Boundary disputes